_

_

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Contacting Customer Service

A few weeks ago when the weather finally started to get cooler (only to quickly return to the 80's again, but that's another story), I pulled out my favorite pair of jeans. I actually have 2 of the exact same pair. I have a hard time finding jeans because I have a high waist and long legs, and I am cheap. So sometime after Alexa was born, when I found a great fitting pair of jeans on sale, I bought 2. Well, after taking off my jeans for the day, I noticed a rather large worn spot right on top of the rear end pocket. Fortunately I had been wearing my shirt untucked, so I don't think I had been showing off my undies all day. I found the other pair of jeans in my closet, and they had a hole in the exact same spot. So I got on the company website right away to leave a comment. I told them that I had been purchasing Lee jeans for years, which is true as they are the brand that seems to fit me the best. I explained that I was typically happy with their products, but that I had two identical pairs of jeans that were less than a year old and had identical holes. I received an e-mail a day or two later stating that they would send me a return label in the mail. When I received it, I just placed the jeans in a priority mail box from USPS (so no cost to me for the box) and placed the prepaid shipping label on the box. Yesterday, about a week and a half later, the UPS man arrived at my door with a box containing two brand new pairs of the exact same pairs of jeans that I had returned. Yay for new free jeans! I'm not suggesting that you contact cutsomer service just to get free items, but if you have a legitimate complaint about a company's product, it can't hurt to ask what they can do to rectify the situation. It worked for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great tip! I think people forget to contact customer service too often when a problem arises. The worst thing that can happen is that they can say no, right? Your kids are ADORABLE!

Heart of Wisdom said...

I love it.
Good job.

I love your blog. Nice Job!

I would love for you to come and visit me and see the benefits of using an MP3 player for storytime for children.

See you there!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/