_

_

Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday and a Shopping Trip

I have only made an abbreviated menu plan for this week so far, since Dave may or may not be gone this weekend depending on how many kids sign up for the school trip he is supposed to chaperone. So, here is the plan for the few days that I have done.

Tonight - Homemade pizza, peaches
Tuesday - Barber chicken breasts, pasta, Caesar salad, carrots
Wednesday - Pork tenderloin, rice, veggies (bumped from last week)
Thursday - Chicken quesadillas, corn

Tonight I went shopping after the kids were in bed.

Rite Aid - I grabbed several cold medicine and 2 kinds of lip gloss that were free after rebate.

CVS - I spent $1.73 OOP and saved $40.53. I got Colgate, So Be Life Water (Thanks to D for the coupons), Swiffer products, and vitamins.

Kroger - I only saved 46% at Kroger today, but now we are stocked up on cheese for a good long time.

Publix - I saved 61% today. I was excited that the penny item at my store was pretzels, not the candy that most stores had. I also was glad to see that the Barber chicken that is BOGO is ringing up at $3.99 not $4.99 for 2. I may have to go back and get more.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you about the chicken being cheaper than advertised. Sorry!

Joan said...

If I had read the nutrition label BEFORE I bought the chicken, I probably wouldn't have bought it at all!

Molly said...

You mean fat and calories don't count as nutrition!?? Horrors!