_

_

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gas Prices

In Caleb's preschool this week, his theme is cars/trucks, and his new vocabulary word is gasoline. When we stopped to get gas today on the way home from school, he was very excited. And I was very excited at the price. Last week on the way home from school, I paid $3.55/gallon for gas to fill up my tank before our trip. Today on my way home, I filled up at $2.87/gallon. That's a $.68 drop in a week, and prices have dropped well over a $1.00 in the last 2-3 weeks. I remember when I got my first car in 1999 (less than 10 years ago), I paid $.69/gallon for gas the first time I put gas in my car. I never could have imagined then paying almost $3/gallon for gas in less than 10 years, much less being excited about it.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I got gas today for a $1.12/gallon cheaper than I did 2 weeks ago.