_

_

Saturday, March 14, 2009

And Finally - My New Ride

I finally have a chance to sit down and blog about my new van. Molly and Nick arrived to watch the kids about 2:30 this afternoon, and then Dave and I left for a Kia dealership about 30 minutes from our house. We were there for almost 4 hours, but we finally left with a new van. It's dark blue with gray interior, just like Dave's car. Blue was my third choice of colors (following red and black), but we were able to get a good deal on the blue one because it was a demonstrator model. When we got home from the car dealership, Molly had dinner ready (Thanks!!!!), and we all ate. Then Dave put the kids in bed while Molly and I ran to get my check from the consignment sale I participated in this weekend (I made $150) and some newspapers (for the coupons, of course). I just finished installing the car seats, so we can take the van to church tomorrow. It is dark and cold and rainy, so it was hard to get good pictures since I had to take them in the garage, but here are a few.


Some features I love:
Remote keyless entry (Well at least I will have this once I go back and get my remotes on Wednesday.)
Captain's chairs (No more listening to Caleb whine about Alexa touching him at least while they are in the car.)
Rear air (My old van did not have this. Dave and Nick sat in the back on a day trip one summer, and they almost died from heat exhaustion while Molly and I were freezing in the front.)
Back seats that fold into the floor
Latch and tethers (for installing car seats) in the back row
V6 engine (I really didn't think I cared about this, but it drives SO much nicer than my Caravan.)

5 comments:

DreArt said...

Tight squeeze into the garage?

Looks and sounds like a great ride! Congrats!

EmilyV said...

Yes, it's a very tight squeeze. It's a bit bigger than my old van.

Halyna said...

coooooooooooooooool!

Molly said...

Thanks for letting me be the first to ride it in!! :) Fun!!

Oma and Opa said...

Looks nice! We hope you'll enjoy many miles with it. And you can see the floor too :)