_

_

Monday, September 29, 2008

Busy Day!

This morning I got everyone up, dressed, and fed then almost immediately put Alexa down for a nap. While she was napping, I cleaned up from breakfast, finished putting away all the stuff from church yesterday, packed snacks and diaper bags and did my hair and makeup. Once she was up, off we went.

Stop #1 - Gas station
My gas light was on, so I decided it really was time to wait in line for gas with 2 children who don't like the car. I had been putting it off hoping gas supply would be up, but I could put it off no longer. From start to finish, it took me about 33 minutes at the gas station. The station I went to was very organized though. They had blocked off one entrance so that everyone had to form one line. There was an attendant at the front of the line directing people to the correct pumps. I read a a magazine while we waited and the kids ate their snacks.

Stop #2 - Alexa's 15 month check up
Fortunately waiting in line for gas did not make us late. Like it would have mattered anyway since we waited about 30 minutes in the waiting room then another 30 minutes in the exam room. Alexa weighs 20 lbs 2 oz (25th percentile) and is 30.5 inches long (60th percentile). She is healthy and growing just fine. While we were waiting for the doctor, I weighed Caleb. He is holding steady at 32 lbs.

Stop #3 - Chickfila
This was a reward for the kids behaving well at the doctor, but mostly it was a reward for Mommy who had spent the last 2 hours cooped up with children in small spaces.

Stop #4 - Target
I grabbed 6 boxes of Electrasol dish washing tabs, and I paid $1.14, which was a savings of 94%.

Stop #5 - Publix
The penny item this week was peanut butter which we (Dave) go through very quickly. So I took advantage of being right near a different Publix today. I saved 76% on this trip.

We got home just in time for naps, and Alexa slept until after Dave got home (very rare). Meanwhile Caleb had rest time, school time, and snack time, and Mommy had computer time, school time, and chores time.

After dinner tonight, I headed out to get some more bargains.

#1 - CVS
I paid $.34 for 4 12 packs of coke, a diabetes monitor (for the donation pile), Purex laundry detergent, Cover girl foundation, Cover girl concealer, and a Fusion razor (Dave's new favorite).

#2 - Target
I went to grab some more Electrasol, but the price was $.60 higher than at the other Target so I didn't get any.

#3 - Kohls
I paid $0 for 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for Alexa for next summer. I called my mom after this stop to tell her that if she is not careful I might beat her as the Queen of Clearance Racks. The total of all 4 pieces of clothing came to $5 exactly. And I received a coupon for $5 off a $5 or more purchase for signing up my e-mail at Kohls.com. I didn't even owe tax after using that coupon, so I paid nothing. Fun, fun.

#4 Walgreens
I bought one Fusion razor, used a $4 coupon, paid with a gift card, and then I was supposed to receive a Register Reward for $4. It didn't print out because the paper was jammed, so the manager gave me $4 on a gift card. Even better, because I could used the gift card to do the deal again, but a Register Reward cannot be used on the same deal.

#5 Another Walgreens
I bought another Fusion razor, used a $4 coupon, paid with the gift card and $1 and some change, and got back my $4 Register Reward to spend another day.

#6 Another Publix
I wanted to get another peanut butter for a penny, so I stopped at my usual Publix. I saved 70% on this trip.

Now I am finishing up my snack, and I am off to bed soon. Good night!

1 comment:

Halyna said...

be careful emily.. i think you are spending too much on dave with all that PB and razors! :)