_

_

Monday, September 15, 2008

CVS, the Library, and Kroger

We headed out to run some more errands after lunch today.

Our first stop was CVS, where I paid $.68 for 4 bottles of Purex laundry detergent, one package of Excedrin, and one package of Aleve cold medicine.

Next, we stopped at the library. I am homeschooling Caleb this year using only books from the library, craft supplies we already had around the house, and things printed off of the internet. Except for the cost of paper and ink, I have not spent any money yet on his preschool, and we are on our 9th week. Caleb also loves to check out movies from the library like the Tigger 123 movie in this picture. We can generally keep the movies for three weeks unless someone else puts them on reserve, and it sure beats the cost of renting movies from Blockbuster or purchasing them at the store.

Our last stop was Kroger. They were out of Cottenelle toilet paper when I stopped there on Saturday, but fortunately they had restocked. I spent $6 on 24 4 packs of toilet paper, 5 boxes of granola bars, one bag of Goldfish, and 2 12 packs of Coke. I also got back a $3.50 catalina coupon to spend on my next order. The kids helped me carry all of the toilet paper upstairs to store in in the hall closet.



1 comment:

Joan said...

They seem to have the paper part down. Now you have to work on the toilet part.