_

_

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Saved $101.64 at Kroger today

No pictures as I went tonight after the kids were in bed, so it was late. I just wanted to get everything put away (and blogged about), so I could go take a bubble bath.

This is the biggest shopping trip that I have done in awhile. Lately, I have been hitting a few different store a few times a week and spending under $20, often under $10. Kroger this week had great prices on chicken and cheese, which we use a lot of, and I also needed to stock up on flour and sugar since I have been doing a lot of baking lately.

Anyway, I spent $47.97, and I saved $101.64, which is a savings of 69%. I also got back $12 in coupons to spend on my next order (OYNO), as well as coupons for free A&W root beer and some really cheap Johnson's Buddy soaps.

Here's what I got and the coupons I used -
$5/$75 purchase from Entertainment book (so sad these will not be in next year's book)
2 $2 OYNO coupons from Glade
Kroger bacon - $2.50
12 Purdue chicken breasts - $1.99/lb
1 lb ground beef - $1.79/lb
3 4 packs Cottonelle toilet paper - free after $.50 coupon that doubled
4 packages of Old El Paso tortillas - $1 on sale, used $1/2 coupons
margarine - $.69
Eggs - $1.69/dzn
Cottage cheese - $1
2 jars Kroger peanut butter - $1 each
6 Powerade Zero - $.79 each, got back $4 OYNO coupon
6 Pillsbury brownie mixes - $1 each, used 6 $.40/1 coupons that doubled
4 packages Kroger cheese - $1.67 each
2 5lb bags Kroger flour
1 4lb bag Kroger sugar
6 1/2 gallons Turkey Hill tea - free after $1/1 coupon (I don't drink tea, but I am sending one to a family I am taking a meal to and using the rest for church.)
Tortilla chips - $1
2 pkgs Nestle chocolate/white chocolate chips - on clearance for $1.79, used $.50 coupons that doubled
1 pkg Kroger chocolate chips
3 Johnsons Buddy bars - $1.09 each, used $3/3 coupon, received $3/3 catalina coupon
Kroger gallon orange juice - $2.48
Bartlett pears - $1/lb
Red grapes - $1.29/lb
3 pkgs Trident gum - BOGO free, free after $.55 coupon
2 Glade Wisp Flameless candles - $8.99, used BOGO coupon and $5 coupon, got back 2 $4 OYNO coupons
One thing on my receipt labeled CC IC that I cannot remember what it is - $.99 (I just checked my list, and I remembered! This is Fudge Ripple Ice Cream.)

No comments: