_

_

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What $12 Can Buy - Update

I'm stealing my post idea today from an earlier post by Molly.

Here's what $12 would have bought without coupons. Pretty sad, huh?

And here's what I got for $12 using my coupons. In the very front is a $5 Target gift card and a $5 Walgreens RR. I also made $3 in ECB at CVS. So basically, I came out a bit ahead after purchasing all this. All in a day's work!
CVS - $1.24 OOP
2 (more) bags Chex Mix
3 Revlon nail polishes
1 bar of soap
1 3-pack paper towels

Target - $6.36 OOP
4 boxes Kashi cereal
5 boxes Kashi crackers
3 boxes Kashi granola bars

Walgreens - $0 OOP
1 bottle Visine eye drops
4 Scrubbing Bubbles scrubber thingies (that is their technical name)
1 pocket Kleenex pack

Publix - $4.36 OOP
1 jar relish
1 bag frozen peas
1 can tomato sauce
4 boxes French Toast
1 dozen eggs
1 package hot dogs
2 cartons oatmeal
2 packs Koolaid
2 McCormick Grill mates seasonings
1 bag chips

I'm estimating that my total savings was around 90%, but since Target does not put regular prices on their receipts, it's bit hard to tell. It may even be a bit higher than that.

Here's a picture of the Scrubbing Bubble Scrubber Thingie as requested by my mom.

4 comments:

Joan said...

I want to see a close-up picture of the "Scrubbing Bubbles scrubber thingies."

Jennifer said...

Great job! I just didn't get around to taking advantage of the target kashi deal, but looking at everyone's great deals I am wishing I had made the time.

Frugal Finds said...

You did great at stretching $12!!

Zoe said...

You do amazing things with coupons.