_

_

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Consignment Sales

It's consignment sale season again! Many churches in our area have consignment sales each spring and fall. These are full of all sorts of kids items from shoes and clothes to furniture to toys and books to strollers and highchairs. The sellers get to keep a portion of the proceeds, and the rest usually goes to the church's preschool, a missions trip, or something similar. And the buyers get great prices. I went to one sale by myself this morning while Alexa napped and then I took the kids to one after lunch. I got most of Alexa's fall/winter wardrobe (Although she needs some more dresses for anyone who likes to shop for her. I really prefer ones with a onesie or a diaper cover underneath, and I had a hard time finding them). I also got Caleb several pairs of adjustable waist and drawstring pants. He is tall and skinny, and it is hard to find pants for him, so I'm glad I found several. I even got one pair of Levis in a size 4 slim. I also got him some jammies. Then of course, I came home with some new toys and books and a new DVD. I got Alexa a pink baby doll stroller, which Caleb pushed around a lot tonight. And the best part is that this was the first weekend of sales, and they continue from now to October. I'm planning to shop until I drop!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love good deals, too! I just went to my first big consignment sale and found a handmade costume dress for my little girl...for 5 bucks! And it is very well-made! If everyone (my 4-y.o. son) is in agreement, my kids will be Hansel and Gretel for Halloween...although my son is convinced he will have a Superman costume (odd, since he's never even SEEN Superman movies or cartoons and doesn't watch any tv!)

Donna
www.growinggreatkids.blogspot.com