_

_

Monday, July 7, 2008

One of My Favorite Meals

Most nights, I actually enjoy cooking. I like trying new recipes and experimenting with all different types of foods. But this is still one of my favorite recipes. In fact, I even included it in the church cookbook because I like it so much.
I often serve this as a side dish, especially with hamburgers and hotdogs. When I want to serve it as a main dish like tonight, I usually add chunks of diced ham.

The first step is to boil the noodles. The recipe calls for 1.5 cups of macaroni, but I prefer to use 2 cups, when I actually measure, that is. I do sometimes use macaroni noodles, but I have also used shells, penne, and tonight, wheels.

While the noodles are cooking, make the cheese sauce.

Then combine the noodles, cheese sauce, and ham if using in a greased casserole dish. I used to always use a square pan, but lately I have been using my oval corningware. Double the recipe for a 9X13 pan.
Then bake for 35-40 minutes.
I like to serve it with broccoli, rolls, and fruit salad.
Yumm!

7 comments:

Dave said...

I personally ate it because of the wheel-shaped noodles.

EmilyV said...

You ate it because I put it on the table in front of you. :P

Joan said...

We are so boring.

DreArt said...

mmmmm that looks yummy!!!

Molly said...

It is quite delicious!! I don't think I could get away with putting ham in it at my house, but I'll come over next time you do it!!

Molly said...

Ah, the good old days when you could do this.

Molly said...

Ah, the good old days when you could do this.