_

_

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

God's Faithful Provision

1) The check engine light came on in Dave's car last Monday when I was driving it home from my teachers' meeting. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it, so we waited until this week when he was off of school to take it in. We took Dave's car (a 2003 Toyota Corolla, by the way) to the Toyota dealership this morning. Well, it need a new catalytic converter. And who knew that those things are under warranty for 8 years or 80,000 miles? Well, I'm sure someone knew, but it was not me. If you want to know what a catalytic converter actually does, feel free to call my dad or my brother. I did. Anyway, back to my story. So, several hours and ZERO dollars later, the check engine light is no longer on and we got a new part on the car.

2) I went to the dentist back in the early fall sometime (when life was still a fog of sleepless nights, so I can't remember exactly when). I was told that since my gums were swollen (which I could not convince them was because I was only like 2 months postpartum. Everything was still a bit swollen), that I would need an expensive teeth cleaning treatment to the tune of over $1000 dollars. And I had 4 cavities which would be about $200 dollars. We do have dental insurance, but it only covers the basics pretty much. I ended up leaving without getting any work done because I needed to get home and nurse Alexa. I really did not have a good feeling about this dental office and got the feeling that they were out for my money. I talked to my mom, who talked to her dentist about the situation, and she thought the same thing. Fast forward to today when I finally got an appointment with a different dentist (my fault, not theirs. I had to cancel twice). The dentist said my teeth and gums look fine (I didn't tell him the story about the other dentist except to say that I left without getting my teeth cleaned because I had to get home to my baby). I don't have any cavities. And my visit cost $5.

It was wonderful to see God's faithful provision for our needs today as 2 things that could have been rather large expenses turned out to not be.

No comments: