_

_

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deal Hunting Fun

I told Dave that I was going to run around with my coupons tonight after the kids were in bed, and I did just that. I went to three stores, Walgreens, Publix, and Kroger, and spent a total of $12.68 for 7 bags of groceries and household items! I love trips like that!

Walgreens
I had a $10 Register Reward to spend. I was going to get my ink cartridge refilled, which would have been $5 with a rebate of $5.50. My store has not gotten its ink machine yet, though, and I didn't want to go to another store. So I got some things we needed instead. I'll be getting a rebate of $1.10 for the trash bags. After using my RR, I spent $.91 and saved $13.11, a savings of 94%.

Publix

I spent $2.40 and saved $16.54, a savings of 87%. I got 4 boxes of Ritz bits for $.50 each and 2 bottles of Huggies bath products for free.

Kroger
At Kroger, I spent $9.32 and saved $38.28, which is 81%. Here's what I got.

2 packages Cottonelle toilet paper - $.25 overage
1 bag Dark Chocolate Chex Mix - $.11 overage
2 bags No Yolk pasta - $.29 each
2 bags Wacky Mac pasta - $.19 each
4-pack Yo Plus yogurt - $.49
9 packages Kraft 2% cheese (slices, shredded, cubes, and hunks) -$.74 each

No comments: