_

_

Monday, January 5, 2009

Savings at Walgreens and Publix

It is definitely time for me to get back to sticking to my grocery budget after the holidays! There were 5 coupon inserts in this week's paper, so those should help me get started. Here's the shopping we did today.

Walgreens -

4 bottles Garnier shampoo and conditioner
1 Garnier hairspray
1 Garnier mousse
1 Reynold Wrap
1 Electrasol gel pacs
3 Ben and Jerry ice creams

My total was $2.44, and my savings was $42.25, which is 95% savings. I will be getting back a $1.65 rebate for the Electrasol. I completely forgot to pay with my Walgreens gift card, or I could have done even better!

Publix -
In case you were wondering if I ever buy fresh produce, the answer is yes. Although we do eat a lot of frozen vegetables and fruit as well. I still managed to save 64% even though I bought several produce items without coupons. Here's the breakdown. I spent $8.05 and saved $14.14.

1 box Publix Frosted Flakes - $.01
4 boxes Betty Crocker potatoes - $.10 each
2 cartons blackberries - $1.29 each
1 lb carrots - $.89
1 jar minced garlic - $1.99
2 boxes Kelloggs pop tarts - $.10 each

Check out Fiddledeedee for more savings at Publix.

1 comment:

Halyna said...

mmm ben and jerry's!