_

_

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drink Blender


Several nights each week, I make the kids a smoothie before bed. Caleb calls them drink blenders, which is just too cute to correct. I use different flavors each time, but here is my basic recipe. If you use the lesser amounts, you will get 2 kid size servings, and the larger amounts yield 2 kid size servings plus enough for one adult (me).

1-1.5 cup(s) of juice (I usually use apple if I am making strawberry smoothies and orange for peach smoothies.)
1 carton of yogurt, any flavor (I usually use strawberry-banana, mixed berry, or peach depending on what fruit I am using.)
1-1.5 frozen banana(s)
1-2 cup(s) frozen fruit (We like strawberries, mixed berries, mango, or peaches.

Blend until smooth and enjoy! If I make too much, I freeze it and defrost it later in the microwave,

No comments: