_

_

Monday, April 28, 2008

CVS Steals and Deals


Here's what we got at CVS today. The breakdown is below for anyone who is interested. I spent $0 for all this stuff (because I had a CVS gift card that I used to pay the tax) and got back $26.47 in ECB to spend next time. According to my receipt, I saved $52.56 today and have saved $995.09 in 2008. I have spent $27.99 at CVS in the Spring quarter, which I believe began on March 16th. $13 was just random things I bought at CVS like large trash bags the night before we left for Canada because we needed them to cover Alexa's car seat when we gate checked it and also some drinks I bought for my dad while he was at the hospital with my mom. So, I have spent about $14.99 doing the deals at CVS in the last month and a half and come home with hundred of dollars worth of stuff.

Here's how I got all this stuff for free-
3 18oz Softsoap Spa - $5.49 each
3 Bic Soleil Razors - $5.99 each, on sale
1 CVS Roasted almonds - $4.79
1 CVS Cashews - Free (CVS brand nuts are buy one get one free this week. Dave requested that I get him some since he likes them for a snack.)
2 Zooth Hot Wheels toothbrushes - $3.29 each

Total before coupons - $45.81

Coupon used
$3/$15 purchase (It would have been better to split this stuff up into smaller transactions over different days so that I could use more than one of these coupons. However, with 2 young children that is not happening, so I just do the best I can).
$.75 off of Softsoap
$.75 off of Softsoap
$1.00 off of Softsoap
Buy one Zooth get one free - took off $3.29
$2.00 off of Bic Soleil razors
$2.00 off of Bic Soleil razors
$2.00 off of Bic Soleil razors

Total after coupons - $34.02 - I paid this with $29.98 of ECB and put the rest on a CVS gift card.

ECB earned - $1 for the Zooth, $9 for the Bic, $16.47 for the Softsoap