_

_

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Outing With Aunt Molly

So the kids and I met Aunt Molly at the mall for a bit of shopping and some lunch today. We went to Bath and Body works first to use our coupons. I bought a $1 gift bag and got a $10 True Blue Spa foot gift set for free. Now I just need to decide who to give it to. :) I got Caleb's feet measured at Payless, and the tennis shoes he was wearing were a size too small. Oops! So I went to look for some new ones and guess what I found? Cars (the movie) light up tennis shoes on sale! Caleb was SO excited and kept saying, "Car shoe," over and over. He then proceeded to try them out by running, jumping and bouncing through the rest of the mall. The highlight of the trip for Alexa was lunch. We broke our promise to make each other go to Chickfila (I had a coupon and Molly is trying to eat healthy) and went to Ruby Tuesday instead. I got the salad bar with my meal so I could share with Alexa. She chowed down. She seriously ate the whole time we were there, including peas, Garbanzo beans, lima beans, crackers, grapes, cheese, boiled egg, ham, mac and cheese, and turkey burger. She ate almost as much as Caleb did. And the highlight of the trip for me? No, it wasn't my $1 purchase at Bath and Body Works, as much as I love bargain hunting. It was spending time with my bestest friend, of course.

1 comment:

Molly said...

YAY! That was my highlight too. :) Though Caleb wearing the macaroni and cheese and using two forks was a pretty funny escapade as well!!