_

_

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Playing in the Truck

First, let me tell you a bit about this truck. It was my grandmother's truck. She never had a driver's license, but she did have a truck. We used this truck many, many times over the years for hauling things and for an extra vehicle when one was in the shop. We moved into this house using the truck along with my parents' van. It has great air conditioning; you roll down the windows and the air blows right in. It also has no power steering and a manual choke that I never quite figured out. When my grandparents moved into a retirement home recently, my parents became the not so proud owners of the truck.

Anyway, Caleb was playing in the back of the truck this morning, and Alexa HAD to get in with him. The bed of the truck is very rusted and was full of junk, so we didn't want her to crawl around in it. My mom was holding her, and she was trying to jump into the truck. My mom put her on the grass, and she climbed to climb into the truck. Then my mom let her sit on the bench in the back of the truck, but she arched her back and tried to get down to play with Caleb. Finally, we cleaned most of the junk out of the back of the truck and put down a quilt so she could play. She played happily in the back of the truck until lunchtime. I think she is a little red neck at heart.





1 comment:

Annette Feschbaum said...

Yeeee-haw, Alexa!

Missed your sweet face tonight Alexa. Val was looking for his little friend. :-)