_

_

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grocery Budget Check In and Menu Plan (Almost) Friday

We made it home safely from Canada this afternoon, put the kids to bed early, and I left to run some errands to CVS, Aldi, and Kroger.

At CVS, I spent $2.19 and got back $41 in ECB to spend next time. I got 2 packs of diapers, banana puffs, 2 bottles of baby shampoo, 3 tubs Cover Girl Foundation, 3 Cover girl powders, and 3 bottles of Excedrin. Perhaps you are wondering what I am going to do with so much makeup and headache medicine. Beats me! I will probably head to Must Ministries soon to make a donation. The reason why I bought so much makeup and Excedrin is because I earned more ECB from them than I spent, so they helped pay for the baby stuff that I did need. Confusing, huh?

I bought a TON of food at Aldi and Kroger since we just got back from vacation and had no milk, eggs, bread, cheese, produce, etc.

Total spent so far in April - $135.75
Total left to spend in April - $214.25

And here's what we are eating this week -

Breakfast choices - (served with fruit or yogurt)
Eggs, Bacon, English Muffins
Cereal
Waffles
Toast
Ham and cheese omelet
French toast (Caleb's favorite)

Lunch - (served with fruit, veggies, yogurt and/or cheese)
Sandwiches
Chicken nuggets
English muffin pizzas
Quesadillas
Tortilla roll ups

Snack for church - either lemon poppyseed muffins or monkey bread (We'll see what I feel like making tomorrow)

Dinner -
Friday - Chicken fingers, roasted potatoes, green beans
Saturday - Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Sunday - Sandwiches
Monday - Chicken parisienne, egg noodles, fried squash
Tuesday - Dijon Pork Roast, carrots, rice, rolls
Wednesday - Chicken picatta, angel hair pasta, Caesar salad
Thursday - Chicken or beef soft tacos, corn

No comments: