_

_

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Operation Room Sharing: Night Two

So last night was the 2nd night the kids have shared a room. Both went to bed pretty easily again. And no one got up last night! Well, except for me because I had to pee. Anyway, that makes 3 nights so far (not consecutively, though) that Alexa has slept through the night. Alexa woke up around 7:20 this morning, and I was able to pop her out of her crib again without waking up Caleb who slept until almost 9:00 again.

For nap times, I've been putting them in separate rooms. Caleb has only napped 2 times in the last 2 weeks, but we have learned through trial and error that he (and Mommy) really need a quiet time in the afternoon or he falls completely apart. So, while Alexa is napping in her crib, I have been putting Caleb on my bed with a pile of books to read and some music to listen, too. This unfortunately means, that I can't nap. And I LOVE naps. But maybe I'll just let him watch a movie on Saturday or Sunday afternoon for quiet time while Dave is home so that I can nap in my bed.

No comments: