_

_

Monday, August 25, 2008

Saved 94% at Publix today

I think Publix might be my new favorite store. Sorry, CVS (although I went there today, too). Before I began using coupons, I actually tried to avoid Publix as their every day prices seemed higher to me than Kroger, which is just across the road. But, I have since learned that they have some great deals if you combine manufacturer's coupons, sales, and Publix coupons.

Here's what I got today for $1.68 -
1 gallon Publix OJ with Calcium - on sale for $2.49
2 8 0z cartons Daisy light sour cream - $.01 overage on each
1 jar Vlasic dill relish - $.16 overage
1 4 pack Publix Greenwise toilet paper - $.01 item for today
1 pkg Purina cat treats - free
3 loaves Sara Lee whole wheat bread - free
3 boxes Jolly Time popcorn (These were supposed to be $1.25 each. I had 2 $1/1 coupons and 1 $1.50 coupons, which would make it a total of $.25 for all three boxes. BUT, one rang up wrong, so I got it for free since Publix has a scan right guarantee. And I still got to use all three coupons. )

At CVS, I spent $1.47, and I got 2 packs pads, one box of tampons, one pack of pantiliners, and 2 boxes Engery drink mix. It is apparently feminine product week at CVS. I also left with more extra bucks than I started with, so it was a good day.

5 comments:

Joan said...

So there's not a limit of one on the energy drink mix?

EmilyV said...

The ad says limit 2.

Joan said...

Why should I read the ads when I have you?

Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite impressive for your Publix shopping. Great Job!

Erin M said...

i love publix's right ring policy. I once walked out with $30 in Dr Scholls shoe inserts b/c they rang up wrong!