_

_

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Swimming, School, Sweets and Savings

Dave is gone on his school retreat for a few days, and the kids and I have been busy while he was gone.

1) Swimming - After lunch this morning, we headed to Aunt Molly's house. After the kids napped, we went for a swim. Caleb was more interested in going back to Aunt Molly's house to watch and Elmo movie, so we didn't stay long.

2) School - I had my parent meeting at school tonight. I have 4 students, 3 girls and 1 boy. It should be interesting. Uncle Nick watched the kids, and everyone seems to have survived.

3) Sweets - Molly and I went to Rita's for yummy Italian ices after our meeting. We even had a coupon!

4) Savings - Then we went to Publix to get some deals. It's very sad that we go grocery shopping for fun. I saved 72%. My total was $10.81, and my savings was $26.48. I got 2 12 packs Coke, 2 loaves free bread, 2 rolls paper towels, 3 pkgs Solo Heavy Duty paper plates, 1 free Cascade rinse aid, 2 Ken's marinades, and 1 French's mustard.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Publix has buy-one-get-one-free Dove chocolate. I went to the one near work on my way home. :o)

EmilyV said...

Well, I am almost out of chocolate. :)