_

_

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Take Me Out To the Ballgame

My parents are going to the baseball game tonight, and my grandma was supposed to go with them. However, she was unable to go at the last minute. So my mom offered the extra two tickets up on Facebook to any of her friends, but no one wanted them. Then she e-mailed Dave to see if he knew any coworkers who wanted to go. You might be able to guess where this is going.

Dave did actually call one coworker, who did not answer. So he decided that we should go. He called around and found one of my former students who is now his current student to babysit. This will be all of the third time that we have hired a babysitter since Alexa was born, and the first two were when I had meetings at work last month. Typically my parents babysit, but they can't tonight for obvious reasons. Or sometimes my best friend Molly will babysit, but she is out of town this week. The kids have never actually had a babysitter put them to bed. I'm sure they will all survive it, though.

I don't actually like baseball games, or any sport for that matter. I go to these kinda things for two reasons. 1) A date with my husband without the kids. 2) Cotton candy or some other equally sugary and unhealthy concoction. Anyways, all that to say that we are going to the baseball game with my parents tonight. The end.

No comments: