_

_

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Questions

I have absolutely nothing interesting to say today, so here are twenty-five random Christmas questions and my answers.
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I wrap if possible, but I did use a few bags for oddly shaped items.

  2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I love going to cut down a live tree, but I like being able to put the tree up whenever I want. I bought a new tree that is prelit, which is a huge plus.

  3. When do you put up the tree? As soon after Thanksgiving as I can talk Dave into it.

  4. When do you take the tree down? It varies. This year it will be up for awhile because we are not opening presents with Dave's family until at least the 30th.

  5. Do you like eggnog? No

  6. Favorite gift received as a child? Umm, I know I'm not that old, but I really can't remember. Maybe my Easy Bake Oven?

  7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad or Dave's dad

  8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids

  9. Do you have a nativity scene? We have 2. They both were gifts.

  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of anything in particular.

  12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf. We even watched it last night.

  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something on sale that someone would like.

  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, especially gifts I have gotten from my students.

  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies.

  16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white.

  17. Favorite Christmas song? I like them all. Caleb's favorite is Angels We Have Heard On High.

  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay in the area, but we do go to my parents' house for lunch. We sometimes go visit Dave's parents after Christmas.

  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Maybe.

  20. Angel on the treetop or a star? A cheap gold star from Target.

  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids get jammies on Christmas Eve, but we open the rest on Christmas morning. Before kids, we were known to open our presents whenever we felt like it.

  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The long lines at stores especially with two wiggly children.

  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really have a theme or color scheme, just an eclectic mix of ornaments.

  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Dessert. Does that count?

  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing in particular, which is good because Dave and I are only exchanging one gift each.

4 comments:

Halyna said...

um... didn't you already get your present when your watch broke? :) i guess that answers the questions about "opening gifts whenever you feel like it" and the last one.

i'm sad I'm missing out this year!

DreArt said...

phew........i'm glad my presents didn't make the worst present list....unless you're just being nice. Hope you love your present (from me) this year!!

EmilyV said...

Halyna - Dave bought me another present since I already opened the first one. :)

Andrea - Wasn't it you who bought me a size XL brown sweater??? :P (which I love and wear all the time, but it is a size XL!)

Oma and Opa said...

Try washing your brown sweater in hot water?