_

_

Monday, December 8, 2008

Just Another Monday

Our Monday routine for several weeks has consisted of CVS, the library, and Publix, in that order. Every week, Caleb tells me he wants to go to the library first, and every week, I tell him we are going to CVS first.

So, first stop, CVS.
I was planning to do the Hershey's candy deal even though I really didn't need any more chocolate. As I was wandering around the store, I started flipping through all my coupons, and realized I had a CVS coupon for Hershey's Bliss, thus making the candy deal a money maker for me. And if CVS wants to pay me to take home chocolate AGAIN, how could I say, "No?"
I got 8 bags of chocolate, one of which accidentally already got opened and a bottle of Powerade. I paid with a bunch of coupons, $3 in ECB, and $4.86 in cash, and I got back $11.59 in ECB. I depleted my ECB buying the GPS right after Thanksgiving, so I didn't mind paying a bit of cash today to build them back up. I still saved 87%!

Next stop, the library.
Both kids were being very indecisive today (I don't know where they get that from) and took FOREVER to pick out what they wanted. Finally, we went to check out, and there were several things on reserve for us, including a Diego Christmas movie. Caleb watched it when we got home while I unloaded groceries and made lunch.

Finally, Publix.
I stopped at the bakery to get cookies for the kids first like we usually do. I knew this might be a long trip today because I had to count carefully in order not to have more coupons than items. When all was said and done, I had about 37 coupons that I used on 37 or so items. I spent $24.92 and saved $75.55, which is 75%. $7 of my total was a pot roast for lunch on Sunday, so I am thrilled to still have saved so much. As always, check out Fiddledeedee for more Publix savings.

Here's what I got -
1 box Publix cocoa - $.01
2 bananas - $.59
4 jars Ragu spaghetti sauce - $.80 each
1 pack Lance crackers - $.50
2 jars Hambuger Dill pickes - $.10 each
4 cartons College Inn broth - $.60 overage on each
3 cartons Daisy sour cream - $.29 each
4 tubes Orajel toddler toothpaste - $.50 each
1 Yoplait kids yogurt drink - $1.39
1 Chuck roast - $7.05 ($2.69/lb)
1 Tylenol gel caps - $.01 overage
2 Mattel Hot Wheels - free
2 Starbucks chocolate bars - free
3 1/2 gallons Smart Balance milk - $.79 each
1 hunk Kraft 2% milk cheese - $1.00
1 gallon Publix whole milk - $3.19
2 Yocrunch yogurts - $.20 overage each
1 can Publix black beans - $.75
1 carton blueberries - $2.00
2 10 packs Minute Maid juice boxes - $2.95 each, will receive $5 rebate for purchasing these and WALL-E (which I got at CVS a few weeks ago)

3 comments:

DreArt said...

What a pain that they MAKE you take chocolates. The nerve! Well, if you need to get rid of some, I'd be happy to help take some of those off your hands.

Oma and Opa said...

Don't worry, Aundrea, I can take care of those chocolates before you come down:)And whatever is left we can take home...I don't think Chocolates is prohibited across the border.

EmilyV said...

There is definitely enough chocolate to go around. No need to fight over it. :)