_

_

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Playing Hooky and Hockey

While I was putting my makeup on before school this morning, I started to feel faint, so I sat down on the bed. The next thing I remember is lying on the floor with Dave standing over me asking if I was okay. Apparently, I fainted and fell off the bed. I have two nasty rug burn spots on my face. I'm feeling better now but definitely not at full strength. And no, I am not pregnant for any one who is curious. Anyway, Dave and I both decided that we needed to stay home from work today. When Dave went into the kids' room to get them up this morning, Caleb said, "Daddy doesn't want to go to work today."

Dave got the kiddos dressed and fed and was sitting at the computer desk when Caleb started asking for something in the kitchen. Dave went in there to see what he wanted, a wooden spoon. Caleb then ran into the living room and started hitting a little plastic shape with the spoon. Alexa, of course, had to have a spoon, too. Dave is going to make hockey players out of them yet despite living nowhere near ice. They can just play hockey in the living room, right?

2 comments:

Halyna said...

Hope you are feeling better! I should see if i still have my mini-hockey sticks for the kids. :) yay hockey!

DreArt said...

Hope you feel better too. Great idea, Halyna! I was beginning to feel delinquent by not providing these poor kids proper hockey equipment for Christmas!