_

_

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Using Coupons at the Mall

Molly and I had several coupons for stores at the mall, and since neither of us can pass up a good bargain, we met this morning to go shopping and have lunch. I even used a coupon for a free drink at lunchtime!
First, I went to Bath and Body Works where I used a coupon to get a few stocking stuffers for a certain reader of my blog. That's why they are still in the bag in the picture.

My second stop was JCPenney where I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase. I got a new pair of jeans for $9.99. I noticed a hole in the rear end of one of my pairs of jeans last week, so it was good timing to get a new pair cheaply.

Next, at Sears, I used a $5 gift card that I received in the mail for joining Sears' Facebook group. I got 3 pairs of black socks. Boring, but I needed them.

Finally, I got a dress for Alexa at The Children's Place. It was already on clearance, and I used a coupon to get it for $4.24.

All totaled, I spent $22.70 on my purchases and saved about 68%. It's fun to save money, even at the mall and especially with a friend!

2 comments:

Oma and Opa said...

Couldn't wait for Christmas for your black socks? Socks are a tradition at the Vreken's household for Christmas.

EmilyV said...

I couldn't find one pair of black socks without holes this morning, so no, I couldn't wait.