_

_

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Busy Saturday

We had a busy but good day today. First, the kids slept in until 8:00!!! Woo hoo! I was actually up before them because I couldn't go back to sleep. We started off the day with homemade waffles and bacon. Yummy!

Then Dave braved the freezing temperatures to put up the garland and lights on the front porch while the kids watched through the front windows. Now our Christmas decorations are complete!

Dave then took the kids to Lowes and Home Depot to get a whatchamacallit. It is very rare for me to be alone in the house, so I'm sure you are wondering what I did with my time. I did all sorts of exciting things such as cleaning the kitchen, sweeping the kitchen floor, putting away laundry, and picking out the kids clothes for Sunday. I even managed to sneak in a quick e-mail to Molly, and I was almost dressed when everyone got home.

Then it was my turn to take the kids. We went to Publix for cookies and Sunday newspapers, but the papers hadn't arrived yet. The kids were quite happy with their cookies, though. I decided to check if CVS had papers. They did, so we purchased two. The cashier asked me laughingly if I had any coupons today. I guess she must remember me. :) Finally, we went to Aldi to pick up a few groceries.

While we were gone as well as into the afternoon, Dave worked on getting the wireless modem hooked up downstairs. We originally had it upstairs, but this made for slower internet downstairs, which is where we usually use our computers. He says the internet is now twice as fast on the downstairs desktop. I'm just happy that it got finished, and that he neatly tucked the cords away instead of leaving them all over my house.

At lunch time, Caleb decided he wanted to eat us out of house and home. He had 1 1/4 peanut butter and honey sandwiches, a large handful of blueberries, a slice of salami, 1 hunk of cheddar cheese, a carton of yogurt, and a cookie. All this after he had a cookie at Publix this morning.

After lunch was naptime for kids and Mommy. I have been taking naps on Saturdays lately since we have been at the Powell's on Sunday afternoon. After Caleb's nap, he finished eating us out of house and home including a cookie, cheese, a piece of candy and a banana (I'll let you guess who fed him the cookie and candy and who fed him the banana).

I ran out to check the mail after lunch and was excited to find two packages. I got my new glasses and a new power cord for my laptop. I haven't been able to use the lap top since Monday or Tuesday because the battery was dead, and the power cord was broken. I like my new glasses, but I'm not going to post a picture yet because my face looks so bad from the rug burn from my fainting episode on Thursday.

This afternoon, I finished up the laundry and ironed the clothes for church. I also made lemon poppy seed muffins, brownies, and creamy cheesy potatoes for church tomorrow.

After we let the kids play outside in the freezing cold for awhile, Dave ran to Little Caesar's to pick up a $5 pizza and to Blockbuster to get a movie. We had a fun pizza dinner followed by family movie night watching The Polar Express. We had warm brownies with peppermint ice cream while we watched the movie (please don't try to tally up how much sugar Caleb had today; it might be scary). Caleb watched most of the movie because he liked the train in it.

Now the kiddos are in bed, and I am heading that way soon. I hope everyone has a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow!

3 comments:

DreArt said...

hmmmm ....define "freezing" for Georgians. And if Dave is still wearing shorts, it doesn't count.

Halyna said...

ba ha ha drea. so true. can't wait to see the new glasses!

EmilyV said...

It literally was freezing while he was putting up the Christmas lights - about 31 degrees.