_

_

Monday, February 2, 2009

Errands Galore

I grabbed my stuff and the kids and went to run my errands this morning before the rain started. I just threw my hair in a ponytail and didn't put on any makeup, but fortunately I didn't see anyone I knew. Unless you count the librarians who know us by name because we are there 2-3 times a week. Or the Publix cashier that checks me out every Monday morning. But I digress. Here's the errands we did today.

#1 - Dry cleaner
I FINALLY got around to dropping off Dave's suit jacket to be cleaned. Those of you who see him wearing it every Sunday would probably not like to know how long it has been since I have taken it to the dry cleaner.

#2 Starbucks
You see, the drive through for the dry cleaner puts you out right into the line for the Starbucks drive through. Well, if you turn right rather than left that it. So, I just had to grab a tall vanilla latte. And it's rainy, dreary day so perfect for a little coffee pick-me-up.

#3 CVS
As we were driving to CVS, we passed the library. Caleb said, "You gotta keep looking for CVS. That's the library. Can you find CVS?" I assured him that I could manage to find it since I go at least once a week. Here's what we got.

Unfortunately, my total was high today, $3.32. This is because I only had a $15 ECB and a $10 ECB. I really prefer having more smaller ECBs than two larger ones. And now I do after this transaction, so that it good. And we will actually use everything pictured except for the Excedrin (which was a money maker with a CRT from the card scanner), so that is good, too.

#4 Library
We returned Caleb's school books from last week and got a few new books and 2 Arthur movies.

#5 Blockbuster
I just had to drop off Fireproof that Dave and I watched on our date Saturday Night

#6 Publix
The kids happily munched on sugar cookies as usual while I shopped. I spent $25.18 and saved $39.09, which is 61%. Here's what I got.

4 Dole Apple fruit bowls - $.63 each (I had a raincheck from last week)
Boars Head Beef Bologna - $1.73 (for Dave's lunches)
Whole wheat pita bread - $1.29
1 package Oscar Mayer beef hotdogs - $2.00
1 package Publix coffee - $.01
8 boxes Reduced Fat Wheat Thins and Triscuits - $.63 each (4 are for Molly)
1 head Romaine lettuce - $1.79
2 Granny Smith apples - $1.66
3 bottles Lysol toilet bowl cleaner - 1 was $1.00, and 2 were $1.25 (I used 1 printable and 2 insert coupons)
1 container Sabra hummus - $1.00
1 box Cutrite wax paper - $1.63
1 box TGIFridays buffalo wings - $1.99

As always, you can check out Fiddledeedee for more Publix savings.

And here is Alexa "helping" me put away the groceries when we got home. She was playing with the boxes of crackers like blocks.

2 comments:

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Ahh, free cookies for kids :) Just one more reason to shop at Publix! Great job on your deals - thanks for joining in!

Oma and Opa said...

I hope they're healthier than the homemade chocolate chips cookies?