_

_

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Baking and Even Some Real Food

Yep, I was at the baking again today. Someone stop me before I gain a million pounds! Today it was Choco Peanut Butter Bars.

1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1/2 c peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c Quaker oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1 c semisweet chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks this time because I am out of chips)

Heat oven to 35o degrees. Beat brown sugar, butter or margarine, and peanut butter until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate pieces. Spread into 13X9 inch baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely. Cut into 2 dozen bars.


And I do make real food occasionally as well. I tried a new recipe tonight for Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ chicken, and Dave and I both liked it. I realized this morning when I was prepping it for the crock pot that I was out of BBQ sauce, so I made my own. I find that boneless skinless chicken breasts tend to get dry when cooked in the crock pot, but the bacon helped keep it moist. We also had oven roasted potatoes and broccoli with cheese.

No comments: