_

_

Friday, February 27, 2009

Publix Deals and Steals




I normally do my Publix run on Monday. But this morning in my e-mail, I received a $5/$20 purchase coupon from Rite Aid, which I can use as a competitor's coupon at Publix, so I decided to go today. I like to us $/$$ coupon like this to purchase things that I need/want but don't have a coupon for. While I was putting my stuff on the belt, the lady in front of me handed the cashier her two coupons. He commented to her that the lady before had a huge pile of coupons and only paid like $4, so he was glad she only had two. I told him to get ready because I had a pile of coupons for him. I ended up spending $15.24 and saving $55.80 or 79%.

Here's what I got with prices listed after sales and coupons -

1 lb asparagus - $1.49
2 Bird's Eye Voila frozen meals - $1.50 each
1 roll Mentos (not pictured) - $.79
2 6 packs Yoplait kids' yogurt - $.90 each
1 package strawberries - $.67
1 box Velveeta shells - $1.00
2 jars Classico pasta sauce - $.74 each
1 Sara Lee pound cake - $3.99 (No coupon or sale. This is for chocolate fondue next weekend.)
1 container Publix ricotta cheese - $1.00
1 package Oscar Mater beef hot dogs - $3.00
1 box animal crackers - free
2 boxes Mueller's Ziti - $.38 each
2 boxes Pop Tarts - $.20 each
1 bag shredded cheddar - $1.67
1 box Kraft macaroni and cheese - $.19
9 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes - $.05 overage each
2 cans Muir Glen tomato sauce - $.11 overage each

And can you guess what I am making for church lunch Sunday based on my shopping list?

.



.




.





.



Baked Ziti! Yumm!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I was going to guess cheese and asparagus stuffed pop tarts.

EmilyV said...

LOL.