_

_

Thursday, February 26, 2009

One of My Favorite Things

I love this time of year, not just because the weather is getting warmer, but because my favorite flower, the daffodil (or the jonquil as it in the city where I grew up) is blooming all over the place. When we moved into this house, we had no way of knowing if there were any planted in our yard. They grow from bulbs and come back every year, but it was the wrong season for them when we bought our house. Unfortunately, there were not any already planted, so I planted some under the mail box at the first opportunity. I am not much of a gardener or a landscaper as clearly evidenced by our yard, but I definitely had to plant some daffodils to make my house feel like a home.

1 comment:

Molly said...

They are coming up in my yard too. The best thing about daffodils is that they always come back, no matter what you do or how bad a gardener you are (in my case, anyway)!