_

_

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday: Kids' Lunch Trays

I grabbed two kids' trays, one with blue bears and one with purple monkeys, from the Dollar Spot at Target one day on a whim. I know they put the dollar spot right up front just to tempt people like me, and it works. While I have bought useless things there before, I love these trays. The kids eat off of them almost every day for lunch. They have four sections and are deep enough to hold soup. They hold the perfect amount of food for my kids. And for some reason, I find it easier to decide what is for lunch when I am thinking up four little bits of things to fill the sections. Even a tiny bit of leftover vegetables or soup from dinner is enough for one section. Anyway, here are some pictures of lunches the kids have had recently on their trays.

Tomato soup, saltines, cheddar cheese and blueberries
Bologna and cheese sandwiches, grapes, wheat thins, and hummus
Quesadillas, sour cream, salsa, green beans, and peaches

3 comments:

Dave said...

You forgot mention that Caleb gets upset when the plate gets served with the pictures upside down.

EmilyV said...

Yes, he does. Or if I accidentally give him Alexa's plate.

DreArt said...

That's it......I'm coming to move in! I want some of all these great foods!