Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Works For Me Wednesday: The Library
The kids and I go to our local library 2-3 times a week. In no apparent order, here are the top ten reasons that I love the library.
1) Free entertainment. Caleb loves going to the library, and I can often bribe him to be good while shopping with a trip to the library afterward. It's also a great place to go to get out of the house when we have cabin fever.
2) Story time. The kids and I go most Wednesday mornings, and they love it.
3) Proximity. I left my house at 9:54 this morning, and we still made it to the library in time for story time at 10:00.
4) Putting items on reserve. I look for books online at home at my convenience, click a button to request them, and then pick them up at my local branch.
5) Movies. Our library has a great selection of kids' DVDs, and their adult DVD collection is getting better.
6) Friendly librarians. Several of the librarians at my branch know the kids and I by name and make a point to speak to the kids.
7) Magazines. I can check out magazines from the previous month. I especially like to grab several magazines before a vacation.
8) Good selection of Christian books. I used to buy a TON of Christian fiction because buying it was the only way to get to read it. Now our library carries many Christian fiction books, which I love.
9) Down loadable kids' videos. Our library has several video version of kids' books for download on their website. They can be watched on the computer.
10) Cookbooks. There is a great selection of cookbooks at my branch. I have been grabbing one a week or so to try new recipes.
Using the library works for me!