_

_

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kroger Deals


Kroger was having an 8 hour sale today, so I went straight there as soon as the kids were in bed. I mean that quite literally. I was saying goodnight while walking down the stairs to get my jacket. Anyway, I got there before 8:00 when the sale was over. Unfortunately, the sale was so great that everyone wanted to get in on it. I was able to get Caleb's favorite blueberries, which were the main thing I wanted. I had to get rain checks for everything else.

I spent 44.19 and saved 47%. While that may not sound fantabulous, I did save a considerable amount in several cases by purchasing Kroger brand items that are way cheaper that the name brand and/or are cheaper than Publix or Aldi. I'll point out these items in my list. Anyway, here's what I got tonight.

2 6oz packages of blueberries - $.99 (Part of the 8 hour sale. This is a GREAT price)
2 half racks of pork baby back ribs - $8.50 (They were out of full racks, so I had to get 2 half racks)
1 bag Kroger tortilla chips - $.91 (Compare to $2.79 or so for Tostitos)
2 packages No Nonsense panty hose -$.24 each
4 Reesees whips candy bars - free
2 4 packs Yoplait Yoplus yogurt - $.50
1 lb bag of carrots - $.89 (Purchasing the baby carrots would have cost $1.49, so I saved $.60)
1 package Hormel pepperoni - $.80
1 head romaine lettuce - $1.68
2 dozen Kroger large eggs - $1.28 (Cheaper than Publix or Aldi this week)
2 bags Kroger shredded mozarella - $1.50 each
1 package Kroger tortillas - $1.25
2 loaves Kroger Value bread - $.88 (Publix brand bread is around $1.69, and Aldi's is $1.19.)
5 pouches Starkist tuna - free
1 package Kroger salami - $3.49
1 half gallon Kroger skim milk - $1.25 (A whole gallon is $2.99 at Kroger and Publix this week or $2.69 at Aldi, so buying by the half gallon was cheaper.)
1 gallon Kroger orange juice - $2.99 (Name brands are often $3.00 for 1/2 gallon.)
2 4 packs Cottonelle toilet paper - free
5 lb bag Gold Medal bread flour - $2.79
1 can Kroger black beans - $.79
2 bags Kroger value chocolate chips - $1.26 each (Aldi brand is about $1.69, and name brand is around $2.79.)
1 bottle Kroger soy sauce - $1.09 (Even with a coupon I had, the name brand would have been more expensive)
1 box Kroger pudding - $.52 (This is for a recipe I am making. Store brand was cheaper than Jello.)
1 bottle Suave kids's shampoo - free
3 Hallmark cards - $3.29 total for all 3

I got rain checks for -
$.99/lb red seedless grapes
$.99 1/2 gallons Kroger orange juice
$.99 64 oz bottles Motts apple juice (I'm hoping a coupon will come out for these before my rain check expires.)

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

I was excited - our 8 hr Kroger sale included bags of Kroger shredded cheese 10 for $10 - I stocked up and threw a bunch in the freezer!