_

_

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Big, Bad, Scary Cat

Molly and Nick have graciously opened their home to us on Sundays for the last several months. They live about 5 minutes from church, and we live 30 minutes. When the gas prices started rising, we began spending the afternoon at their house instead of driving back and forth in between services. Also, it does make it easier to get the kids fed and down for naps at a decent time. And I love getting to spend the afternoon with Molly chatting and cutting coupons. She and I were discussing today that with gas prices back under $2.00, we don't really need to go over there every week. Fortunately, we both decided that we don't want to give up our Sunday afternoons together.

Anyway, this afternoon, Dave and Nick had already left for their Deacon meeting. Molly and I were sitting in the exact same chairs we sit in every week, and the kids were standing near the coffee table eating their snacks. Suddenly, one of Molly's cats darts through the room. My kids ran screaming to Molly and climbed up in her lap. They are terrified of cats probably because my parents' cat hisses at them. Granted, Alexa was closer to Molly, but Caleb was closer to me and still ran to Molly to save him from the Big, Bad, Scary Cat. I'm glad to report that Molly got the kids calmed down, and we didn't see the cat for the rest of the afternoon, probably because she was just as scared of the running, screaming kids as they were of her.

1 comment:

Molly said...

That was the funniest thing EVER. I can still see Alexa with her crazy nap hair screaming and running towards me as if her life depended on it. Poor Boo is traumatized, I'm sure!

And you definitely have to keep coming over here every Sunday. Cheap gas or not.