_

_

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shoe Woes

Out of the million pairs of black shoes that I own, I picked out a pair of shoes for church today that Molly had given me because they didn't fit her well. I tried them on for a second to see how they looked with my outfit, and then I put my slippers back on. I threw the shoes on again right as we headed out the door. After wearing them for a little while this morning while helping set up for church, I realized that while the left one felt fine, the right one was really hurting. So I threw them off while I continued to help set up.

Later on the way over to the other building for lunch after church, I was telling Molly that they were hurting and asking her if they had bothered her. I finally got the bright idea to check and see if they were the same size. Sure enough, the left one was a 9.5W, and the right one was a 9. I'm not sure how Molly managed to not notice that when she bought them or wore them or gave them to me, or how I managed to not notice when I got them from her or put them away in my closet or tried them on. Anyway, I put on the black ballet bedroom slippers that I had in my car and wore them to church lunch, and Molly graciously let me borrow a correctly sized pair of shoes to wear to church tonight. When we got home, I unceremoniously dumped the non-matching pair in the trash.

3 comments:

Molly said...

What?! You threw them away! But I wanted them in case one of my feet swells up and I need 1 larger shoe and one smaller. Can't believe you threw them away...

Joan said...

Each of you just lost 10 points on the Astute Shopper Scale. Shame, shame.

EmilyV said...

Dave told me I was being wasteful when I threw them away.