_

_

Friday, November 28, 2008

Reuniting

My 10 year high school reunion is tonight. I haven't seen most of these people since our graduation day. In some ways, high school feels like yesterday, and in some ways it feels like it has been an eternity. Likewise, part of me feels like the exact same person I was then while in other ways I barely even remember the person I was in high school. I guess when it comes down to it, I am the same person inside just with a lot more life experience.

Some ways I am the same -
-love the Lord
-love children - I babysat a lot in high school
-enjoy taking pictures/writing articles - I was yearbook editor in high school and college and now blog (obviously)
-like to bake (although now this takes a back burner to actual cooking since I have a family to feed)
-enjoy reading

Some ways I am different-
-college degree in Elementary Education and 5 years teaching experience
-married
-two kids (and stretch marks and extra pounds to prove it)
-mortgage, 2 cars, and lots of other such responsibilities

4 comments:

Joan said...

You've grown 10 years more delightful to be with.

Molly said...

Well, I technically didn't know you in high school, but I DO know that I haven't seen you in a turtleneck with little pictures of things in quite awhile....so there is another one! :)

EmilyV said...

Just for that I'm wearing one the next time we go out. :P

Oma and Opa said...

Guess what! Your next ten years will fly by even faster...and Caleb will be a teenager...scary.