_

_

Monday, November 3, 2008

Some Kid Funnies

1) Caleb had on navy socks today. When he got into the bathtub, his sock lint was floating around the bathtub. He was seriously traumatized by this. I'm not sure if he thought it was bugs or what, but he was crying and throwing a pretty good fit. When he noticed it again at the end of his bath and got upset again, Dave caught some in a cup to show him and told him it was silly. So then Caleb kept saying that sillies were in the bathtub.

2) Molly posted today about how her cats make housework difficult. Alexa "helped" me with the laundry today. She pulled each piece out of the laundry and handed it to me saying, "Here." Then, while I was in our room putting away laundry, she was taking my socks and spreading them on the master closet floor. Then she took Dave's socks and put them in my sock drawer. So helpful!

3) I was helping Caleb tell Dave about his day. I asked him what we bought at CVS today, and he answered "Elmo diapers." Then I asked him what we bought for Daddy. He said something about buying Daddy drinks (Cokes. I'm not sure why he thinks they are Daddy drinks, but that is what he said as soon as we put them in the cart). He paused for a minute and then said very sincerely, "Happy Birthday, Daddy." He is SO into birthdays these days and has apparently concluded that anytime someone gets a present they must be having a birthday. Too cute!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yeah, luckily when I wanted to put the sheets on the bed, I just dumped the cat on the floor. My guess is that you had to keep letting Alexa "help." ;)

Joan said...

I don't want Elmo diapers for my birthday.