_

_

Friday, November 7, 2008

Menu Changes and Publix Savings

Dave was supposed to be out of town this weekend, so I planned some easy meals for me and the kids. However, he is not going to be gone after all (Yay!), and my parents are coming for dinner tonight. So instead of what I had originally planned, we are having chicken tortilla soup, corn muffins, salad, and pound cake with strawberries tonight and cashew chicken with rice and broccoli tomorrow.

So, not not only did I need to pick up the deals for this week at Publix, I also had to get some stuff for dinner tonight. Still, I did pretty well. I spent $43.73 and saved $95.57, for a savings of 67%.
Here's what I got. The prices listed are after coupons and sales. -
1 bag Publix corn chips - $1.50
2 bags Malt O Meal cereal - $.25 each
1 head green leaf lettuce - $.99
2 sweet potatoes - $.99
1 bag baby carrots - $.69
2 boxes Premium saltines - $.90 each
1 jar sliced peaches - $2.99
9 cups Stoneyfield farm yogurt - $.17 each
6 boxes Pillsbury savorings - $1.00 each
1 box Publix waffles - $1.50
1 dozen Publix eggs - $1.29
2 bags Marie Callendars croutons - $.70 each
4 bottles Kraft salad dressing - $.59 each
11 bags Nestle Toll house morsels - $.25 each (YAY! I am so excited to stock up on cheap chocolate chips!)
5 bananas - $1.13
1 pack Stoneyfield farm YoBaby yogurt - $2.69
1 jar Publix applesauce - $2.59
6 Pillsbury cake mixes - $.05 each
2 jars of Ragu and 1 box Muellers pasta - $2.24 total for all three (I used a coupon for $1 off 2 Ragu and one box of pasta.)
1 carton College Inn chicken broth - $1.40
1 can Reddi Whip - $1.25
1 bottle Frank's hot sauce - $.41 overage
1 can black beans - $.89
1 can corn - $.79
1 package Hormel pepperoni - $1.49
2 bottles French's Worcestershire sauce - FREE
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix - $.43 each

You can see more Publix savings over at Fiddledeedee.

4 comments:

Joan said...

You had to get that worcestershire sauce because I cleaned you out earlier this week.

Lisa said...

Wow! That's a ton of stuff! Great job!

Brandon and Jamie said...

how did you get the choc chips and cake mixes so cheap?? please enlighten me!! :)

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

I'm a new Publix shopper ( just married and moved to GA ) and I'm LOVING it! :)
Was able to purchase some of the same great deals myself!