_

_

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CVS and Kroger deals

Yes, I know I wasn't planning to go to the grocery store until Friday, but the kids and I stayed home all day, so Alexa and I went to run some errands tonight after dinner to get out of the house.

Here's a picture of what we got. You can try to guess the total before you scroll down and then post in the comments about how close you were.



At CVS we got:
1 Venus Embrace Razor
2 Oral B cross action toothbrushes
2 bags of Russell Stover chocolates (If you guess the right amount within $0.50, I might share. No fair cheating and looking, though)

At Kroger we got:
2 boxes of Curves granola bars
2 Johnsons Buddy soaps
2 boxes of Cheerios (Alexa's favorite food)
1 package tortillas
1 Colgate toothbrush
1 bag shredded cheese
baby carrots
blackberries
2 apples

At CVS, I paid in extra care bucks and a gift card (that I got when my ECB didn't print), so my total there was $0. According to my receipt, I saved $27.27, for a savings (obviously) of 100%. I also got back $18.98 in ECB to spend next time I go to CVS, and I have $3.49 in ECB still from before, and $5.41 on my gift cards still.

And at Kroger my total was $3.10. How close were you? According to my receipt, I saved $26.18 for a savings of 90%. Not bad, huh?

So here are my updated March grocery budget totals.
Total spent - $ 140.13
Total left - $ 259.87

2 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Fabulous!!

Jessica said...

Great job! I didn't get the Russel Stover Chocolates, but really wanted them.