_

_

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Super Savings Saturday and Grocery Budget Check-in

Crystal at www.moneysavingmom.com hosts Super Savings Saturday each week.

Here are my Publix deals from last night. My total was $20.16, and my savings were $39.36 for a savings of 66%. And the best part was that I left both kids at home!

Here's what I got -
1 lemon
2 apples
Breyers Fat Free Cappuccino chip ice cream (Buy one get one free and had a coupon)
4 jars Ragu pasta sauce (Buy one get one free and had a coupon)
4 Lipton side dishes, 2 rice and 2 pasta (Buy one get one free and had a coupon)
2 Old El Paso soft taco dinner kits (Buy one get one free and had a coupon)
2 4 packs Dannon yogurt (On sale and had a coupon)
2 Cover girl mascaras (free)
1 Old El Paso Taco seasoning (free)
6 chicken breasts ($1.99/lb)

Total spending for March $137.03
Total left in March $262.97

I plan to NOT go to the grocery store this week until Friday or Saturday if at all possible (like we don't run out of anything.)

No comments: