_

_

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Overnight Guests

If you read my blog with any regularity, you'll notice that I often post at naptime and never post later than midnight (or 10:00 p.m. really). Two children who don't appreciate the value of sleeping through the night usually send me to bed fairly early since I like my sleep. However I am awake tonight quickly prepping the house for guests (a friend from college and his friend) who called earlier this evening because they were going to be stranded at the Atlanta airport due to flight cancellations because of the weather. Fortunately, I cleaned house today, but I thought that the least I could offer was a pillow and blanket for sleeping on our old lumpy sofa and futon. Oh and my cute little basket of travel size toiletries in case they don't have their luggage. Only problem is now I'm wide awake and have little hope of getting back to sleep before the garage door, which incidentally is right under our bedroom, opens again.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Well, I definitely think you should have used your awake time more wisely last night and played Scrabble. :):)