_

_

Monday, March 3, 2008

Walgreens Fun

It's a great week for deals at Walgreens this week. And I found a very nice cashier who stood there and rang me up 4 times so that I could get everything worked out and not have to go back several times with 2 kids.

Here's what I got -
1 Gilette Fusion Phenom Razor (good thing Dave likes these because this is #4 that I have gotten with the sales and coupons)
2 3-packs of Zest Soap
6 bottles of Olay body wash
3 Herbal Essences shampoo, one conditioner, one mouse, and one hairpsray
1 roll of toilet paper (I needed this because you can't have more coupons than items. I figured we needed it anyway, so I grabbed a single roll of toilet paper.)

Total was $27.02. But wait! I got back $28 in Register Rewards to use at Walgreens. Yes, that's right. They paid me $.98 to take all this stuff off of their hands. And in addition, I will be clean and smell nice for a long time.

2 comments:

Annette Feschbaum said...

I've never gotten those "free razor" deals because I always thought it was too much $$$ to replace the blades . . . but, I did not think of just continuing to get the FREE razor instead of buying replacement blades! You are a smartie!

EmilyV said...

Yep. We just keep throwing away the razor every time. Not good for the environment, but better on the budget. It wasn't really my idea, though; I saw it on another blog.